Connect with us

Celebrities

Disney’s Star Cameron Boyce Tragically Passes Away at 20

Published

on

Disney’s Star Cameron Boyce Tragically Passes Away at 20

Last updated on July 9th, 2019

Cameron Boyce, who starred in the Disney Channel’s television shows and series has tragically passed at the age of 20. The actor died while he was asleep, a spokesperson for his family confirmed. He was suffering from seizure, a medical condition caused because of a sudden uncontrolled disturbance in the brain, and the same has been deemed as the reason for his death.

“It is with a profoundly heavy heart that we report that this morning we lost Cameron,” the spokesperson said. “He passed away in his sleep due to a seizure which was a result of an ongoing medical condition for which he was being treated.”

“The world is now undoubtedly without one of its brightest lights, but his spirit will live on through the kindness and compassion of all who knew and loved him. We are utterly heartbroken and ask for privacy during this immensely difficult time as we grieve the loss of our precious son and brother,” the family said in a statement.

The 20-year-old starred in films including Mirrors, Eagle eye, Grown Ups, and Grown Ups 2. He also appeared on the Disney Channel comedy series- Jessie, and as Conor on the Disney XD series- Gamer’s Guide to Pretty Much Everything.

Cameron Boyce was born in Los Angeles, and had an amazing charisma that attracted people of all age groups. Besides, his passion for performance, which began in a dance studio, presented him opportunities into commercials and films. He was set to make an appearance in comedy series – Mrs. fletcher, next.

The youngster was also involved in many benevolent activities, and was mostly active with the Thirst Project, a nonprofit that provides communities with safe drinking water.

“Too young. Too sweet. Too funny. Just the nicest, most talented, and most decent kid around. Loved that kid,”. “Cared so much about his family. Cared so much about the world. Thank you, Cameron, for all you gave to us. So much more was on the way. All our hearts are broken.” Actor Adam Sandler wrote on his Twitter.

Certainly, the world is at loss with death of a young star, and especially his friends, family and co-workers, who shared a special bond with the superstar.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Celebrities

Pop Singer Taylor Swift Becomes Highest Earning Celebrity

Published

on

Taylor Swift

Pop singer Taylor Swift has been named as the world’s highest-paid entertainer by Forbes. The list revealed by Forbes on Wednesday put earnings by Taylor at $185m, in the last year. Her estimated income grew by 131% from $80m in 2018. The pop star was closely followed by Kardashian clan – Kylie Jenner and rapper Kanye West.

The annual Forbes Celebrity 100 list also featured Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar in the list of top 10 earners. British singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran also made it to the list after his successful tour in 2018.

Taylor has topped the list for the second time after 2016, when her earnings were put at $170m, courtesy her 1989 World Tour. Touring still continues to play a major role in Swift’s life as her Reputation Stadium Tour surpassed her 1989 World Tour in the US, earning $266.1m domestically, while $345 globally.

In 2018, Pop Singer Taylor Swift’s Reputation Stadium Tour was made available online by Netflix, after the streaming media company obtained the broadcasting rights, which added millions more to Swift’s repository.

Kanye West returned to list after four years, his earnings before tax were put at $150m. His earnings reached to a new epitome following his popular Yeezy sneaker line. The magazine ranked him as the third most earning celebrity. His wife, Kim Kardashian, was ranked at number 26 on the same list.

Jenner, 21, came in the second place after her earnings were put at $170m. Her online lip kits and cosmetics company has attracted masses, resulting in huge profits. She was also declared as the youngest billionaire by Forbes earlier this year.

Forbes compiled the list by taking into account the estimated pre-tax earnings from June 2018 to June 2019. The American business magazine than deducted fees for managers, based on data from Nilsen, touring trade publication Pollstar, movie database IMDB and from interviews with industry experts.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Queen to Miss the Christening of Royal Baby Archie Harrison

Published

on

Archie Harrison

Archie Harrison, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s firstborn, is going to be two-months-old this Saturday. The royal baby is once again in the limelight despite the efforts of his parents to keep their life private.

This time the reason is his christening. The Buckingham Palace confirmed that the first born of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be christened in a private ceremony on July 6, exactly two months after his birth.

According to the announcement, the Archbishop of Canterbury will christen royal baby Archie Harrison and the ceremony is expected to be a private affair.

The christening ceremony of the newly born royal baby is said to take place in the Private Chapel at Windsor Castle on Saturday. Fashion photographer Chris Allerton, who earlier captured the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, will be covering this event.

The Duke and the Duchess will release some photos of the ceremony later. It is also expected that the royal baby will adorn the replica of the royal Honiton lace gown in the ceremony. 25 close friends and only the family members will be present during the christening Archie Harrison.

While the Queen will not be able to attend the ceremony due to her prior commitments, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland are all expected to grace the ceremony.

The decision to keep the ceremony private did not go well by many Britons and fans of the royal family, including royal biographer Penny Junor. They feel that the Sussex couple wants to “have it both ways”.

They believe that the couple has used £2.4 million of taxpayer money for the renovation of Frogmore Cottage, and yet do not want to share the photographs of their baby or let people be a part of the christening ceremony of baby Archie Harrison. The news surrounding the godparents has also been kept as a secret.

Nevertheless, the fans are still excited about the event and want to see the full picture of Harry and Meghan’s firstborn.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Celebrated Singer Taylor Swift Reacts to Unauthorised Transfer of Masters

Published

on

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift recently reacted to the news, which said that the Big Machine Label Group sold the singer’s master rights of first six albums to a powerful music manager Scooter Braun’s Ithaca Holdings LLC. 

As the singer now has no control over her masters, she claimed that the deal took place in her absence and she was not given a chance to purchase it herself.

Swift addressed Scott Borchetta, founder of the Big Machine Label Group, and Braun in her letter, calling the acquisition as her “worst case scenario”. Directing towards the fellow musicians, Swift concluded her letter, saying “Young artists or kids with musical dreams will read this and learn about how to better protect themselves in a negotiation. You deserve to own the art you make.”

In the music industry, various artists have previously bought back their master recordings, which refer to the original recordings of their music, from their respective labels. This is because the owner of these master rights along with the copyright owner has the right to control the licensing of the recording itself.

The label owning the master recordings are held responsible for maintaining them. If the recordings get destroyed through any medium, the artists can file a lawsuit against the respective labels for breaching of their contractual obligation to protect their masters.

One of the main reasons for artists giving their master rights to the label is to get their work promoted. Thus, by supporting the artists and their music, the labels earn money through distribution and licensing. 

Taylor Swift, who does not own her master recordings since the time she signed to Big Machine in 2005, announced that her new label gave her the right to retain her future master recordings. In her letter, Pride month’s pop star wrote that with her quitting the Big Machine, she has opted out of the deal in which she was given the opportunity to renew her contract and earn the master rights of an old album, by turning in the new one.

Borchetta denied Swift’s allegations, saying that he offered the best deal to her. He also claimed that the singer found the deal unpleasant and “chose to leave”.

With her celeb status and open letter to the public, Taylor Swift has succeeded in bringing forward one of the greatest realities of the music industry, which has long been ignored. Her reaction letter encouraged many more artists to come forward, who described their difficult partnerships with the labels and their way of working. The move would definitely mould the future artist-label deals. 

Continue Reading

Celebrities

David Beckham and Harper Witness Lionesses’ win against Norway

Published

on

David Beckham

David Beckham and daughter Harper were spotted watching England’s match with Norway during the FIFA Women’s World Cup at Stade Oceane, Le Havre, France on Thursday.

Former footballer’s fans anticipated that he wants at least one of his children to follow his footsteps and thus brought his daughter, who happens to like the sport, with him. 

Harper, 7, was wearing her own little England top and a fashionable bandanna, while she cheered for the Lionesses, England’s women’s national football team.

After defeating Japan and reaching round of 16, the Lionesses achieved another milestone and gained entry to the semi-finals yesterday by defeating Norway 3-0.  Their opponent will be decided after the Friday’s clash between France and the United States.

Observing Harper’s passion towards football, David Beckham is optimistic that his daughter would definitely fulfil his dreams and become one of the greatest and successful football players, performing in the World Cup 2031 glory.

The 44-year-old former England captain usually spends his weekend playing football with his daughter and says that he gets “very enthusiastic” while watching her eagerness to compete with her dad.

“The boys don’t play, and it’s heartbreaking. They have a talent but it is down to Harper now. I get very enthusiastic when watching her.”

David Beckham is the source of his daughter’s inspiration and her love towards football. Apart from his daughter, who is the youngest, his other three children include his sons Brooklyn, 20; Romeo, 16 and Cruz, 14.

Throughout the match against Norway, Jill Scott scored England’s first goal in the third minute, while Ellen White scored the second goal in the 40th minute. Lucy Bronze, who is now considered as one of the best players in the world, became the third one to score a goal in the 57th minute.  

Considering Harper’s fondness towards football, her mother Victoria Beckham is worried about her daughter becoming a tomboy. She wants Harper to be fashionable like her, besides being a football lover.

As England prepares itself for the next match in Lyon, there is a huge probability that David Beckham and Harper would be present to witness the semi-finals too.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

£2.4 Million of Tax Money Used for Renovation of Frogmore Cottage

Published

on

Frogmore Cottage

The renovation of the Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, which is now home to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their son Archie, amounted to £2.4 million of taxpayers’ money.

Before the birth of baby Archie, the cottage underwent huge construction work to turn the five properties into one single home for the royal couple and their son. The aim was to change the interior of the residential area into a more benefitting place, bringing in improvements in the existing infrastructure of the Frogmore Cottage.

The idea of entertainment and perfection in mind brought in the need for a luxury kitchen and bathroom, along with extra bedrooms for the other royal guests. Apart from updating the defective wooden ceilings and heating systems, new electrical substation, and gas and water mains were installed.

The Sovereign Grant undertook the work to turn the Frogmore Cottage into the official residence for the royal family by replacing the outdated furniture with more guaranteed ones. The process of the entire renovation work took six months as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle moved to the cottage ahead of Archie’s birth. The couple privately paid the charges for the fittings and the fixtures, as they wanted higher standards for their home.

As the work was in progress, the Queen remained informed about all the changes done. 

The Sovereign Grant, which was passed as an Act by the Parliament, allows the government to fund the Queen annually to fulfil her official duties. The grant is based on a quarter of the profits of the Crown Estate. The funds allotted for the year 2017-18 were twice from the previous financial year to finish the maintaining of the old palaces and updating of the decades old services at the Buckingham Palace.

Moreover, the Core Sovereign Grant, in the name of funding the Queen and her household, including travel, increased to £49.3 million this year to carry out the refurbishment project of the Buckingham Palace. Thus, the total Sovereign Grant for 2018-19 was £82.2 million. Out of this amount, the remaining £15.2 million was reserved to fund the future palace work. The 2020-21 grants might be set at £85.9 million.

It was observed that the royal household staff used the Frogmore Cottage as five properties, prior to Harry and Meghan’s moving in. The renovations done in the cottage thereby made it a single home for the family.

Continue Reading

Trending