Connect with us

Celebrities

Donald Trump Wrongly Addresses Her Majesty as ‘Her Royal Majesty’

Published

on

her majesty

Recently, US President Donald Trump announced a three-day visit to the UK in June. While releasing the press release, containing the announcement, Trump made a goof-up.

The statement by the White House caught everyone’s attention, even though the Buckingham Palace also released a statement regarding the visit. The White House’s statement referred The Queen as ‘Her Royal Majesty’ instead of ‘Her Majesty’.

 “President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump accepted the invitation of Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to visit the United Kingdom from June 3 to 5, 2019,” the statement read.

“This state visit will reaffirm the steadfast and special relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom.”

It further added, “In addition to meeting the Queen, the President will participate in a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Theresa May. While in the United Kingdom, the President and First Lady will attend a ceremony in Portsmouth to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of D-Day.”

The Royal’s fans were quick to point out the goof-up made in the press release by the Trump’s office and even corrected them. They said that addressing The Queen as ‘Her Royal Majesty’ is incorrect and instead she should be referred simply as ‘Her Majesty’.

The website of the Royal family explains the best way to address The Queen. “On presentation to The Queen, the correct formal address is ‘Your Majesty’ and subsequently ‘Ma’am’.”

The word ‘Royal’ is only used to address the members of the royal family, including the prince and princesses. They can be formally referred as, ‘Your Royal Highness’.

During the visit, the US President will be participating in a two-sided meeting with Theresa May and will also attend the ceremony in Portsmouth to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day, on 6th June 2019.

Along with the allies, who took part in the military operation in Normandy, Germany is also invited to attend the ceremony.

The US President has been mocked over the social media for his faux pas in addressing the Queen as ‘Her Royal Majesty’ instead of ‘Her Majesty’. 

This is not the first time that Trump has made a blunder in relation with The Queen. During his previous visit last year, he kept The Queen waiting for 15 minutes before he arrived, while Her Majesty was seen checking her watch as she waited for Trump. He also broke the royal protocol, when he made a rude gesture, by walking in front of her.

Celebrities

Meghan Markle Shares Adorable Family Picture on Prince Harry’s Birthday

Published

on

Prince Harry’s Birthday, Meghan Markle

The Duke of Sussex, Prince Harry turned 35 on September 15, and wife Meghan Markle had the most beautiful way of wishing her husband. The Duchess of Sussex shared a new photo of baby Archie on her Instagram with a birthday message for Harry.

“Your service to the causes you care so deeply for inspires me every day. You are the best husband and most amazing dad to our son. We love you. Happiest birthday!,” the message reads.

Markle shared a grid of nine photographs, displaying Harry in different walks of life. The images include him as a baby with the late Princess Diana, his older brother Prince William, his wedding day picture of last May and one of their first overseas trip as newlyweds to New Zealand.

However, what caught the most attention of the fans from the photo collection was a black and white image of Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and Archie on the baby’s christening day in July.

The message post on the Sussex Royal account has been like for over 614,392 and still continues. Followers of the royal sent their wishes to the Prince through comments, and expressed their delight at seeing Archie’s new photo.

“That picture of Harry kneeling in front of Meghan, and Archie! Beautiful beyond words,” said one of the users.

Another added, “New picture of Archie. Thank you for posting he’s so adorable!”

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge also sent their birthday greeting to Prince Harry through their personal Instagram account @kensingtonroyal.

The message, accompanied with the picture of the brothers on Harry’s wedding day, read, “Wishing a very happy birthday to The Duke of Sussex today!”

Last month, Prince Harry had also posted a birthday message for his wife on her 38th birthday on social media. “Happy Birthday to my amazing wife. Thank you for joining me on this adventure! – Love, H,” it read.

The never-seen-before picture of Archie comes a week before the family will embark on their first overseas trip together. Harry and Meghan Markle, along with their son, will head to South Africa.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Desperate Housewives’ Felicity Huffman Gets 14 Days in Prison

Published

on

Desperate Housewives’ Felicity Huffman Gets 14 Days in Prison

Award-winning actress Felicity Huffman of the Desperate Housewives was sentenced this Friday to 14 days in the federal prison following her role in the 2019 college admissions bribery scandal in US. The actresses’ attorney requested at the federal court in Boston the same day that Huffman be permitted to spend her prison time at the Federal Correctional Institution Dublin, California instead. The final decision on where will Huffman be spending her prison sentence, is in the hands of the Bureau of Prisons (BOP), a decision on which will come on the 25 October.

Felicity Huffman is the first of a group of parents accused in America’s college admissions scandal. Huffman reportedly paid $15,000 to the scandal’s mastermind – William “Rick” Singer – to boost her daughter’s SAT scores. Almost about 30 parents have been charged in the same scam.

The place requested for Felicity Huffman by her attorney is a “low security” institute of correction that houses 1,235 female inmates in Alameda County. The institute is situated at about 35 miles outside of San Francisco.

If permitted, Huffman at the Federal Correctional Institution Dublin will be required to wear a khaki clothing that has her name and inmate number on it. As part of her schedule as an inmate of the correctional facility, the Desperate Housewives actress will have to make her bed by 6.30 a.m., with the exception of weekends and holidays, on which the inmates are allowed to sleep in and make their beds by 10 a.m., as stated on the prison’s website.

The actress has pleaded guilty of conspiring to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud in the college admissions scandal.

Besides spending jail time, Felicity Huffman is also sentenced to do a year of probation, complete 250 hours of community service, and pay a fine of $30,000.

A “deeply ashamed” Huffman apologized to the judge; her husband, actor William H. Macy, and her daughters, in the courtroom on Friday. “I am deeply ashamed of what I have done,” she said. “At the end of the day I had a choice to make. I could have said, ‘no.'”

Prosecutors have also suggested that Huffman be given a month in prison with a fine of $20,000 for her role in the college admissions scandal. However, a final word on the prison she will be sent to, the amount of time she will spend there, and the fine to be paid, will be released six weeks from now, i.e. on 25 October, when Huffman shows up at the bureau.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Queen Elizabeth II to Step Down from British Throne, Following Ill Health

Published

on

Queen Elizabeth II

Last updated on September 13th, 2019

Amidst the various past incidents that brought both a wave of contentment and displeasure in the royal family, what really has become an area of concern is the disclosure of Queen Elizabeth II’s ill health.  

The 93-year-old Elizabeth II is the longest-reigning British monarch to hold the title of the Queen at 66 years and counting. She has been on the throne since 1952 although the royal experts believe that the queen would soon be compelled to step down from her throne due to her ill health handling the power to her successor Prince Charles, who has been the Duke of Cornwall since 1952 and is the eldest son to Queen Elizabeth II. 

Against the expert’s conclusions, many believe that Queen Elizabeth II will likely stay on the throne until she dies and till then her successor Prince Charles would assume the majority of her duties without being crowned as the king. It appears that he would be acting as a regent.

The experts have claimed that Queen Elizabeth II is suffering from dementia, which refers to a decline in memory that reduces a person’s ability to perform everyday activities. Recently, in a secret ceremony, the British monarch officially crowned her grandson and his wife, Kate Middleton as the next King and Queen. The disclosure of the announcement brought shockwaves amongst the royal fans.  

Whether the Queen is suffering from dementia or not is not really confirmed, but the entire situation raises serious questions as to what appropriate steps can be taken to avoid such a situation.

Though the Settlement Act of 1701 and the Bill of Rights of 1689 sets the laws for the line of succession that the royal family has been following for the past 300 years but there is no solution for a problematic situation as that of dementia. At what stage can others step in to take away the responsibilities remains unconfirmed.

Royal expert Brittani Barger said, “In the past when dementia wasn’t really known we know that had to have been monarchs across the globe who had it. The media now, if some monarch does get something like dementia, ALS or any disease like that, I think they would really have no option but to get a regent.”

As known, the life of a royal is a constant back-and-forth and amidst all Queen Elizabeth II officially appointed Prince Charles as her successor in April 2018 to ensure the smooth transition of power, a fact that can never be changed.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Ariana Grande Sues Forever 21; Slammed by Farrah Moan for Copying

Published

on

ariana grande sue

Grammy award winner, Ariana Grande got entangled in a controversy with Forever 21 last week. The pop-star would be suing the fashion chain for £8.3 million over an alleged use of “lookalike” in an advertising campaign. However, two days after the report, the singer was accused of allegedly copying costumes by RuPaul’s Drag Race performer Farrah Moan.

On September 4, Grande alleged that Forever 21 hired a model with an “uncanny” resemblance to her, as she has revoked their offer to endorse the brand. She claimed that the company stole her “name, likeness and other intellectual property” to promote the brand for free.

According to the lawsuit filed in California, the 26-year-old is seeking $10 million in damages. Forever 21 had approached her in November last year, but no endorsement deal happened. The 21-page legal documents highlight that Grande did not accept the agreement because the brand was not paying “the fair market value”.

Fearing “irrelevance in a rapidly evolving market with increasing competition from other fast fashion brands”, Forever 21 and its sister company, Riley Rose, “instead stole her name, likeness, and other intellectual property to promote their brands for free”, the lawsuit said.

However, two days after on September 6, Farrah Moan took to Twitter and asked for “a cut of that 10M” from Grande, for copying her performance and video costumes.

A drag queen, she posted a comparing photo of her in drag and Ariana Grande from the “7 Rings” video depicting similar costumes. She alleged that Grande’s team she the picture to a designer of an outfit she wore on Drag Race and instructed them to “copy” the look.

“Ariana should give me a cut of that 10M since her team literally sent a pic of me to the designer and paid them to copy my look from [All Stars 4],” she wrote.

In accompanying Tweet, Farrah Moan stated that the ones at fault was Grande’s team, citing to the irony where they would sue Forever 21 for “theft of likeness”. Moan highlighted that it was exactly what Grande and her team had done in the first place.

Ariana Grande’s lawsuit contained images from Forever 21’s ad campaigns, presenting the brand’s alleged use of her lookalike. One of the company’s posts used in the advertising campaign also uses lyrics from Grande.

Last month, reports had revealed that Forever 21 was preparing for potential bankruptcy filing, because of waning finances and fading options of turnaround. While the company was already in a crisis, Ariana Grande’s imposed fine could make the situation even worse for the fashion retailer.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Travalyst: Prince Harry Introduces a Sustainable Tourism Platform

Published

on

Sustainable Tourism

In the 21st century, the idea of sustainable tourism is like a dream that seems far-away from reality. With growing tourism industries in various countries, a complete sustainable tourism appears to be a difficult task, although individuals could work together in minimising its threats and impacts on natural resources, consumption patterns, pollution and social systems.

As known, every industry needs a sustainable planning for its proper management and survival in the long run. Similar is the case with sustainable tourism, which focusses on the concept of visiting a country or an area as a tourist, while trying to make a positive impact on the environment. But the question at large is how to achieve this result? Could changes in transportation, entertainment, recreation, or accommodations be helpful?

In order to promote sustainable tourism, Prince Harry announced a global travel initiative on Tuesday.  The move was in response to the huge criticism that both Prince Harry and Meghan Markle faced, while they were reported to be taking back-to-back trips through private jets last month. The critics questioned about Harry’s commitment to the environmental issues.

In response to the criticism, the Royal Prince said that he only takes private jets when it’s absolutely necessary and would offset the carbon footprint. He later took the initiative in the name of Travalyst in Amsterdam.

As the name itself suggests, Travalyst, also known as “Travel as a catalyst for good” is a platform aiming to transform the future of travel for every individual. The aim is to bring together travel providers to improve industry practices and in all protect the areas visited, benefitting the local communities.

In his new initiative, promoting sustainable tourism, Prince Harry is being helped with the world’s largest travel companies. TripAdvisor, Booking.com, Visa, China’s biggest travel company Ctrip and Skyscanner signed on for the project.

Through Travalyst, the plan is to address the travel business’ impact on climate change, preserving the tourists visiting destination alongside increasing wildlife conservation efforts. It would also work towards ensuring that the money generated from tourism goes to the local communities, while at the same time seeking out sustainable solutions for tourism.

Prince Harry’s step has been appreciated by his fans, who have been calling him a rescuer for noticing the alarming situation and building a unique relationship between community and environment through his travels.

While announcing the launch of Travalyst, the Duke of Sussex himself said, “Travel has the unparalleled power to open people’s minds to different cultures, new experiences, and to have a profound appreciation for what our world has to offer.”

Travalyst would henceforth be centred around to look into cleaner aviation fuel, travel experiences and tourists’ education, promoting the entire idea of sustainable tourism.

Continue Reading

Trending