Connect with us

Celebrities

Will Meghan Markle Change the Christmas Royal Traditions this Year?

Published

on

meghan markle

The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle will enjoy her Christmas holidays with the royal family at the Queen’s private home in Sandringham, Norfolk. It will be her second Christmas celebrations as perthe royal traditions.

Markle had also spent Christmas with the royals last year, shortly after she and her husband Prince Harry announced their engagement on November 27, 2017.

As the holidays of Christmas will begin, junior royals will be the first to arrive at Sandringham, followed by the royals, who are expected to arrive just a week before Christmas. At last, the most honored members of the family, the Queen and Prince Philip, will mark their presence as the final guests.

As the traditions will begin on Christmas day, the Queen and other members of the royal family will attend a private service, where the Queen will receive Holy Communion from her chaplain at 9 a.m.

Later, the royals will make their way for Christmas services at St. Mary Magdalene church at 11 a.m., where hundreds of well-wishers are expected to be present to see the royals during their annual march to the church.

Following the other rituals, at 6 p.m. the royals will open their Christmas presents in the red drawing room at their Sandringham house. The royals don’t give each other branded and expensive gifts. Instead, they exchange funny cracking gifts like Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, once gifted Harry a grow-your-own-girlfriend kit and  Prince Harry once gave the Queen a “Ain’t life a bitch” bath hat. In 2017, Markle bought a little hamster that sings with a little rope for the Queen.

People are excited to know what she is going to gift the Queen this year.

A tradition started by King Edward VII is also followed by the members of the royal family. In this tradition, each member of the family is weighed on antique scales before and after their Christmas dinner. The tradition makes sure that everybody was fed properly and gained weight during their stay. Royal family usually doesn’t invite relatives outside the royal family. However, this year the Christmas celebrations at the royal house will be a little different, as reportedly Meghan Markle has invited her mother, Doria Ragland, to the family festivities by going against another Royal rule.

Celebrities

Ryan Murphy Reunites with Oscar Winner Jessica Lange for a Netflix Series

Published

on

Ryan Murphy

American director and producer Ryan Murphy, who is best known for creating and producing innumerable successful TV series and was hired by Netflix with a compensation of $300 million for a period of five years in 2018, recently confirmed that he will be reuniting with the Academy Award winner Jessica Lange.

Murphy said, “Jessica Lange and I are working on a piece about Marlene Dietrich in Vegas in the early 60s.” Lange is the thirteenth actress to have achieved the Triple Crown of Acting in the history. She even received two Academy Awards and five Golden Globe Awards. Moreover, she is the only performer ever to have won Primetime Emmy Awards in both supporting and lead acting categories for the same miniseries.  

Even though Ryan Murphy has been working with a number of legendary Hollywood stars under his Netflix deal, he still added Jessica Lange, who is widely known as the greatest actresses of her generation, to his list.

Recalling the limited time, he is left with due to the availability of innumerable projects and a line-up of impressive array of stars, Murphy said, “But I am so booked. When am I going to do it? I don’t know.” He even added, “I’m only into April of next year’s calendar.”   

As known, the Minnesota born actress would appear in Murphy’s The Politician, a political comedy starring American actor Ben Platt and actress Gwyneth Paltrow.

Other than this, Ryan Murphy’s feature project The Prom at Netflix will reunite him with Sarah Paulson, and tell the origin story of the infamous Nurse Ratchet from One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest; and Hollywood, a look at the sex industry with Holland Taylor and Patti LuPone.

As disclosed, the Prom is a 10-part miniseries, starring Nicole Kidman and Meryl Streep.  

Another of Murphy’s series would include a look at two gay icons – Halston and Andy Warhol, who were known for their iconic friendship. Scottish actor Ewan McGregor would play the role of the famed designer, though the details on who would be playing the role of Warhol has still not been disclosed.

During his remaining time with Netflix, Ryan Murphy will also be revisiting a few classics but those will air over FX. The third instalment of Murphy’s co-production American Crime Story, which is in progress and will be aired in September 2020, will tell the story of President Bill Clinton’s impeachment.

It has been revealed that the third series, whose production will start in February 2020, would star Linda Tripp, Monica Lewinsky, and Paula Jones, respectively, with Lewinsky herself signing on as a co-producer. A source disclosed that the series would also include Hillary Clinton’s appearance, but that she would not have any significant role in it.

Once all this is completed, Ryan Murphy will be seen more frequently with collaborator Jessica Lange to get the production on Marlene Dietrich project done in appropriate time. The previous details show that Murphy exited his Fox deal last year to join Netflix.   

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Meghan Markle Shares Adorable Family Picture on Prince Harry’s Birthday

Published

on

Prince Harry’s Birthday, Meghan Markle

The Duke of Sussex, Prince Harry turned 35 on September 15, and wife Meghan Markle had the most beautiful way of wishing her husband. The Duchess of Sussex shared a new photo of baby Archie on her Instagram with a birthday message for Harry.

“Your service to the causes you care so deeply for inspires me every day. You are the best husband and most amazing dad to our son. We love you. Happiest birthday!,” the message reads.

Markle shared a grid of nine photographs, displaying Harry in different walks of life. The images include him as a baby with the late Princess Diana, his older brother Prince William, his wedding day picture of last May and one of their first overseas trip as newlyweds to New Zealand.

However, what caught the most attention of the fans from the photo collection was a black and white image of Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and Archie on the baby’s christening day in July.

The message post on the Sussex Royal account has been like for over 614,392 and still continues. Followers of the royal sent their wishes to the Prince through comments, and expressed their delight at seeing Archie’s new photo.

“That picture of Harry kneeling in front of Meghan, and Archie! Beautiful beyond words,” said one of the users.

Another added, “New picture of Archie. Thank you for posting he’s so adorable!”

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge also sent their birthday greeting to Prince Harry through their personal Instagram account @kensingtonroyal.

The message, accompanied with the picture of the brothers on Harry’s wedding day, read, “Wishing a very happy birthday to The Duke of Sussex today!”

Last month, Prince Harry had also posted a birthday message for his wife on her 38th birthday on social media. “Happy Birthday to my amazing wife. Thank you for joining me on this adventure! – Love, H,” it read.

The never-seen-before picture of Archie comes a week before the family will embark on their first overseas trip together. Harry and Meghan Markle, along with their son, will head to South Africa.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Desperate Housewives’ Felicity Huffman Gets 14 Days in Prison

Published

on

Desperate Housewives’ Felicity Huffman Gets 14 Days in Prison

Award-winning actress Felicity Huffman of the Desperate Housewives was sentenced this Friday to 14 days in the federal prison following her role in the 2019 college admissions bribery scandal in US. The actresses’ attorney requested at the federal court in Boston the same day that Huffman be permitted to spend her prison time at the Federal Correctional Institution Dublin, California instead. The final decision on where will Huffman be spending her prison sentence, is in the hands of the Bureau of Prisons (BOP), a decision on which will come on the 25 October.

Felicity Huffman is the first of a group of parents accused in America’s college admissions scandal. Huffman reportedly paid $15,000 to the scandal’s mastermind – William “Rick” Singer – to boost her daughter’s SAT scores. Almost about 30 parents have been charged in the same scam.

The place requested for Felicity Huffman by her attorney is a “low security” institute of correction that houses 1,235 female inmates in Alameda County. The institute is situated at about 35 miles outside of San Francisco.

If permitted, Huffman at the Federal Correctional Institution Dublin will be required to wear a khaki clothing that has her name and inmate number on it. As part of her schedule as an inmate of the correctional facility, the Desperate Housewives actress will have to make her bed by 6.30 a.m., with the exception of weekends and holidays, on which the inmates are allowed to sleep in and make their beds by 10 a.m., as stated on the prison’s website.

The actress has pleaded guilty of conspiring to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud in the college admissions scandal.

Besides spending jail time, Felicity Huffman is also sentenced to do a year of probation, complete 250 hours of community service, and pay a fine of $30,000.

A “deeply ashamed” Huffman apologized to the judge; her husband, actor William H. Macy, and her daughters, in the courtroom on Friday. “I am deeply ashamed of what I have done,” she said. “At the end of the day I had a choice to make. I could have said, ‘no.'”

Prosecutors have also suggested that Huffman be given a month in prison with a fine of $20,000 for her role in the college admissions scandal. However, a final word on the prison she will be sent to, the amount of time she will spend there, and the fine to be paid, will be released six weeks from now, i.e. on 25 October, when Huffman shows up at the bureau.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Queen Elizabeth II to Step Down from British Throne, Following Ill Health

Published

on

Queen Elizabeth II

Last updated on September 13th, 2019

Amidst the various past incidents that brought both a wave of contentment and displeasure in the royal family, what really has become an area of concern is the disclosure of Queen Elizabeth II’s ill health.  

The 93-year-old Elizabeth II is the longest-reigning British monarch to hold the title of the Queen at 66 years and counting. She has been on the throne since 1952 although the royal experts believe that the queen would soon be compelled to step down from her throne due to her ill health handling the power to her successor Prince Charles, who has been the Duke of Cornwall since 1952 and is the eldest son to Queen Elizabeth II. 

Against the expert’s conclusions, many believe that Queen Elizabeth II will likely stay on the throne until she dies and till then her successor Prince Charles would assume the majority of her duties without being crowned as the king. It appears that he would be acting as a regent.

The experts have claimed that Queen Elizabeth II is suffering from dementia, which refers to a decline in memory that reduces a person’s ability to perform everyday activities. Recently, in a secret ceremony, the British monarch officially crowned her grandson and his wife, Kate Middleton as the next King and Queen. The disclosure of the announcement brought shockwaves amongst the royal fans.  

Whether the Queen is suffering from dementia or not is not really confirmed, but the entire situation raises serious questions as to what appropriate steps can be taken to avoid such a situation.

Though the Settlement Act of 1701 and the Bill of Rights of 1689 sets the laws for the line of succession that the royal family has been following for the past 300 years but there is no solution for a problematic situation as that of dementia. At what stage can others step in to take away the responsibilities remains unconfirmed.

Royal expert Brittani Barger said, “In the past when dementia wasn’t really known we know that had to have been monarchs across the globe who had it. The media now, if some monarch does get something like dementia, ALS or any disease like that, I think they would really have no option but to get a regent.”

As known, the life of a royal is a constant back-and-forth and amidst all Queen Elizabeth II officially appointed Prince Charles as her successor in April 2018 to ensure the smooth transition of power, a fact that can never be changed.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Ariana Grande Sues Forever 21; Slammed by Farrah Moan for Copying

Published

on

ariana grande sue

Grammy award winner, Ariana Grande got entangled in a controversy with Forever 21 last week. The pop-star would be suing the fashion chain for £8.3 million over an alleged use of “lookalike” in an advertising campaign. However, two days after the report, the singer was accused of allegedly copying costumes by RuPaul’s Drag Race performer Farrah Moan.

On September 4, Grande alleged that Forever 21 hired a model with an “uncanny” resemblance to her, as she has revoked their offer to endorse the brand. She claimed that the company stole her “name, likeness and other intellectual property” to promote the brand for free.

According to the lawsuit filed in California, the 26-year-old is seeking $10 million in damages. Forever 21 had approached her in November last year, but no endorsement deal happened. The 21-page legal documents highlight that Grande did not accept the agreement because the brand was not paying “the fair market value”.

Fearing “irrelevance in a rapidly evolving market with increasing competition from other fast fashion brands”, Forever 21 and its sister company, Riley Rose, “instead stole her name, likeness, and other intellectual property to promote their brands for free”, the lawsuit said.

However, two days after on September 6, Farrah Moan took to Twitter and asked for “a cut of that 10M” from Grande, for copying her performance and video costumes.

A drag queen, she posted a comparing photo of her in drag and Ariana Grande from the “7 Rings” video depicting similar costumes. She alleged that Grande’s team she the picture to a designer of an outfit she wore on Drag Race and instructed them to “copy” the look.

“Ariana should give me a cut of that 10M since her team literally sent a pic of me to the designer and paid them to copy my look from [All Stars 4],” she wrote.

In accompanying Tweet, Farrah Moan stated that the ones at fault was Grande’s team, citing to the irony where they would sue Forever 21 for “theft of likeness”. Moan highlighted that it was exactly what Grande and her team had done in the first place.

Ariana Grande’s lawsuit contained images from Forever 21’s ad campaigns, presenting the brand’s alleged use of her lookalike. One of the company’s posts used in the advertising campaign also uses lyrics from Grande.

Last month, reports had revealed that Forever 21 was preparing for potential bankruptcy filing, because of waning finances and fading options of turnaround. While the company was already in a crisis, Ariana Grande’s imposed fine could make the situation even worse for the fashion retailer.

Continue Reading

Trending