Connect with us

Celebrities

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to Star in Tom Bradby’s African Tour Documentary

Mirror News Desk

Published

on

Meghan Markle

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s 10-days long African tour would now gain worldwide attention as broadcaster and novelist Tom Bradby, who is also a friend of the royal couple, promised to release a documentary filmed during their tour, later this year.

The anchor of the ITV’s News at Ten program said that the documentary would “explain a lot”. The ITV programme gained special access to the couple during their African tour. The permission was approved by the palace.

It is not the first time that Bradby did something for the royals. He has previously been picked to cover royal stories including the engagement interview for Prince William and Kate Middleton, and attended the Windsor Castle wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

Nearing the end of the Southern Africa tour recently, Meghan Markle announced to sue a British tabloid press for releasing one of her personal letters. The lawsuit filed by Markle accused the Mail of copyright infringement and “intrusive” publication of a letter that the Duchess of Sussex wrote to her father. The royal couple is paying for the lawsuit with their private and not public fund.

Being emotionally hurt, Prince Harry said that the letter was “published unlawfully in an intentionally destructive manner”. He condemned a “ruthless campaign” to smear Markle by a “press pack that has vilified her almost daily” and created “lie after lie at her expense” during her maternity leave.

The news of the documentary came as a ray of hope for the royal fans amid the stressing behaviour of the tabloid press. Moreover, the Duke of Sussex related the present tabloid press incident with his past mentioning about “history repeating itself”.

Prince Harry lost his mother Princess Diana in August 1997 in a car crash while being pursued by paparazzi.

Fearing the chances of another uneventful incident, Prince Harry on Tuesday said, “I’ve seen what happens when someone I love is commoditised to the point that they are no longer treated or seen as a real person. I lost my mother and now I watch my wife falling victim to the same powerful forces.” Thus he called the move to take a tabloid to court “as the right one”.  

Just when Meghan Markle’s issue got worldwide attention, Bradby tweeted that he finished filming a documentary on Harry and Meghan in Africa. Though the contents of the documentary remain oblivious, the fans believe that it would explain a lot when it airs. It is expected to bring forward the couple’s relationship with the press including their ten-day tour to Southern Africa in their own words.

Celebrities

Kylie Cosmetics to Go Global after Jenner Strikes New Deal

Mirror News Desk

Published

on

Kylie

Kylie Jenner, the world’s youngest self-made billionaire as per Forbes, is set to sell majority stake in her company Kylie Cosmetics, a New-York based firm.

As revealed, Kylie Jenner will sell 51 per cent of her stake in the company to Coty Inc. for $600 million. The company already owns a number of international consumer beauty brands, including CoverGirl. The move is expected to help Jenner expand her brand globally and enter new beauty categories, the firms collectively said in a press release on Monday.

The chairman of Coty’s board called Kylie a “modern-day icon, with an incredible sense of the beauty consumer”.

Jenner would still stay the company’s creative leader. Her team will also continue to handle her creative and communications efforts notably, because she is one of the most followed personalities on social media. The 22-year-old has 150 million followers on Instagram and 30 million on Twitter.

Interestingly, her influence is such that when she tweeted that she doesn’t use Snapchat anymore, the company’s stock market value reduced by $1.3 billion.

“This partnership will allow me and my team to stay focused on the creation and development of each product while building the brand into an international beauty powerhouse,” Jenner said.

As per Coty, Kylie’s cosmetics brand has generated approximately $177 million in revenue over the past year. Coty CEO Pierre Laubies said that the deal is “an exciting next step” that will change the way they function and leverage their core strengths around fragrances, cosmetics and skincare, while allowing the flagship brand to reach masses.

Jenner launched Kylie Cosmetics back in 2015 with a line of lipsticks, and got recognition with products such as, nude lip liners and lipsticks. The brand also started selling via its online website, Ulta Beauty, and has since expanded into face-makeup and skincare.

Although Kylie is the youngest, she earns the most in the Kardashian family. And given the speed of her brand’s expansion and favoritism amongst cosmetic users, Kylie looks on course to tumble one record after the other.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

After Queen, Prince Charles Finds Himself Involved in a Royal Scam

Mirror News Desk

Published

on

Prince Charles

Amid varying controversies within the royal family, Prince Charles found himself involved in the “biggest counterfeit art scandal” that has ever taken place in the history of the Royals.

The eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II, being an art lover, has over the years built up a prestigious collection of artworks in the Painting Room at Dumfries House, which is one of Britain’s most beautiful stately homes that Prince Charles bought through one of his chairing consortiums in 2007 in Scotland.

Prince Charles’ watercolours are respected in the art world and have raised more than £2million for Charles’ charitable foundation, which have been established with the moto of transforming lives and building sustainable communities.

The Prince of Wales got the incredible historic Scottish home renovated and re-opened its doors in 2012. The Palladian villa in Ayrshire is home to an astounding collection of the 17th Century Dutch paintings and one of the world’s most impressive body of Chippendale chairs. 

Earlier this month, Prince Charles expressed his desire to build an arts hub on the grounds of Dumfries House. The aim was to provide “inspiration and solace” to the painters in the isolated spot.

While the plans were submitted to East Ayrshire Council in August and were given a green light with no objections, the present scam might loosen the interests of the artists to join the royal-owned place that promises an overnight accommodation for artists and aspiring artists associated with The Prince’s Foundation and Royal Drawing School.

But recently, Prince Charles’ foundation was found to have accepted to display a series of false paintings. The scam was discovered after a renown counterfeit artist Tony Tetro claimed that the three paintings displayed at Dumfries House were his work.

The artworks included a reproduction of one of Claude Monet’s waterlilies paintings and a Picasso. Altogether it valued £104m.

Defending Prince Charles against the scam, Royal Expert Erin Hill said, “He has found himself in the middle of this and it has nothing to do with anything he has done.”

She continued, “The artworks were on loan to his charity foundation, on display at his estate in Scotland.

“Tony Tetro has since come forward and said he actually forged these pieces. The foundation said they accepted these works in good faith and they don’t actually authenticate these pieces of art.”

The royal expert added, “The Monet was actually authenticated by a prestigious institute in Paris, so it didn’t get noticed by them.”

A month ago, another royal family fake scam involving the Queen’s name to deceive the Britons came into light. The scam stated that in order to save the British economy, the Queen is reaching out to select a few individuals that can lend the royal house sums ranging between £450,000 and £2,000,000. The money would apparently be used to “save and sustain the UK’s economy after Brexit”.

Such incidents are apparent of the fact that the royal family has unknowingly been involved in multiple scams that has often tarnished the family’s image.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Queen and Royals Remain Concerned over Mental Health of Sussex Couple

Mirror News Desk

Published

on

Sussex Couple

The Sussex couple, who are reportedly taking six weeks off from royal duties from mid-November, have both worried and disappointed the royal members including the Queen with their attitude.

The Queen has raised concerns over the mental health of her grandson and his wife. A month ago, both Prince Harry and Meghan Markle launched a war against sections of British press for publishing extracts of a letter that was written by the Duchess of Sussex to her father.

In a later note, the Sussex couple even complained about the pressures of royal life in a bombshell documentary Harry & Meghan: An African Journey, directed by Tom Bradby.

Bradby, who was both the broadcaster and friend of the Sussex couple, post filming the ITV programme, promised that it will “explain a lot”. The documentary, including behind-the-scenes look at the Sussex’s recent visit to southern Africa, was aired in the US on October 23.

Before the release of the documentary, Meghan Markle even opened up about her struggles with motherhood in the public eye. Her open-minded nature resembled that of Queen Elizabeth II’ late sister Princess Margaret, who was confined with changing social norms in Britain and became an intriguing figure within the royal family.

Margaret broke a number of taboos, by marrying to a man outside the aristocracy, paving the way for younger generation of royals. Like Margaret, who entered the circles of the more radical thinking people, while rebelling the royal traditions that hurt the sentiments of the royal members in many ways, Meghan Markle’s behaviour of disclosing her problems in the public has also affected the Queen and the royals.

Markle said, “Look, any woman – especially when they are pregnant – you’re really vulnerable and so that was made really challenging, and then when you have a newborn – you know?

“And especially as a woman, it’s a lot. So you add this on top of just trying to be a new mom or trying to be a newlywed it’s, well…

“And also, thank you for asking, because not many people have asked if I’m OK.

The former Suits star added that the past year as a member of the royal family had been “hard”. In 2018, the Sussex couple faced huge criticisms their use of private jets despite being eco-warriors.

Furthermore, Prince Harry’s confirmation of indifferences with his brother Prince William in the documentary, has deeply hit the Queen and Prince Charles, who has continuously defended the Sussex couple in public.

The indifferences between the royal brothers have been apparent since the Sussex couple shifted from Kensington Palace to Windsor in May, following which they were being criticised for their obsession with privacy.  

Amid all the criticisms, the Sussex couple’s admittance of the fact that they were struggling under public scrutiny has deeply concerned the Queen, who is worried about their mental health.  The irony of the fact is that even though mental health awareness is the regular chant of the royals, who have been supporting this initiative throughout the UK, they have failed to practice it into their own family.  

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Benioff and Weiss Step Away from Star Wars Trilogy

Mirror News Desk

Published

on

Star Wars Trilogy

David Benioff and DB Weiss, the famous producers and creators of American fantasy drama and television series Game of Thrones, are now backing out of a deal, wherein they were supposed to create and produce a new Star Wars Trilogy together. The news of their parting ways came Monday night, though they said their love for the franchise would remain forever.

“We love Star Wars. When George Lucas built it, he built us too. Getting to talk about Star Wars with him and the current Star Wars team was the thrill of a lifetime, and we will always be indebted to the saga that changed everything,” the duo said in a joint statement. 

It was in February 2018, when Disney announced that both Weiss and Benioff will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films after the finale season of Game of Thrones is completed in 2019. But the high profile names were much criticised during the last season of GOT to an extent where a campaign started on an American social news aggregation Reddit made Benioff and Weiss come in top results in “bad writers” search.

Despite being considered as master storytellers, the much-maligned final season of Game of Thrones questioned the credibility of the writers to handle a Jedi saga. Moreover, their acts of joining the American media-services provider Netflix, while departing HBO was highly criticised.

Both David Benioff and Dan Weiss signed an estimated $200m (£164m) deal with the streaming giant in the month of August, which brought concerns from the HBO writers.

Produced by Lucasfilm, the Star Wars Trilogy is a set of three films, including Star Wars film (1977), The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983) that came into existence during the 20th century. It would have been the first trilogy after the ‘Skywalker Saga’ that ends with December’s Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, and was set to hit the theatres in December 2022.

The relevance of Star Wars can be traced back to 1980s when it entered the realm of Cold War history after it was adopted by the media as a nickname for the 40th US President, Ronald Reagan’s proposed Strategic Defence Initiative, which was aimed to protect the country from incoming nuclear missiles.

Though Lucasfilm CEO Kathleen Kennedy is hoping for Benioff and Weiss to return to the Star Wars universe once they are out of their busy schedules, there are many others who are elated from the duos’ stepping away from Star Wars.

Departing from HBO and then from Star Wars trilogy, both David Benioff and DB Weiss have proved that they fear nothing when it comes to taking major decisions. Many have been considering that the poor performance and peer pressure from the audience compelled the duo to depart from the Star Wars trilogy, while the writers have been stating another excuse for their exit.

“There are only so many hours in the day, and we felt we could not do justice to both Star Wars and our Netflix projects. So we are regretfully stepping away,” Benioff and Weiss added.

Meanwhile, there is no confirmation as to what would become of the Star Wars Trilogy post the duo’s departure.

Continue Reading

Celebrities

Is Change of Reign the Cause of Rift between Royal Brothers?

Mirror News Desk

Published

on

Royal Brothers

Rifts in families are a part of life. The Royals, who are considered to be a prototype, promoting national unity and stability, also face subtle differences amongst each other.

Though the royal family members together support The Queen in her many state and national duties, including charitable services, the rifts in their family cannot be neglected. The ITV documentary, An African Journey that was aired on Sunday, shared a glimpse of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s 10-day royal tour disclosing the fact that the Royal brothers, Prince William and Harry had tensions amongst themselves.

The documentary also revealed Meghan’s emotional phase and the challenges she faced post being a mother. The documentary let viewers have behind the scenes access to the modern Royal couple and their baby son Archie in the programme.

As known earlier, the Sussex’s used to share the same household with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. However, in March, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced that they would be creating their own household.

The Sussex’s moving out of the Kensington Palace to Windsor in May was a sign that things behind the scenes were going to change. The move is considered to be one of the major reasons of differences between the royal brothers. Another major change was Sussex’s shifting focus from the combined charitable foundation to the start of their own separate foundation, which became official in July.

The Royal foundation, which was founded by the royal brothers in 2009 to take forward their charitable ambitions, is now run alone by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Since, William and Kate’s charity work focused on mental health and early childhood education, the charity split was seen as logistical with differing interests.

It appears that both the royal brothers are preparing themselves in their own way for the change of reign following the Queen’s continuous ill-health. While suffering from Dementia, the British Monarch officially crowned her grandson and his wife, Kate Middleton as the next King and Queen in a secret ceremony, forgetting all about her successor Prince Charles.

When Bradby asked about the rifts with Prince William, Harry answered, “Part of this role, part of this job, this family, being under the pressure which it’s under, inevitably stuff happens. But we are brothers. We will always be brothers.”

“I will always be there for him, and as I know he will always be there for me. We don’t see each other as much as we used to as we are so busy. But I love him dearly and you know the majority of the stuff is probably — well, the majority of the stuff is created out of nothing. But as brothers, you have good days and you have bad days,” the Duke of Sussex added.  

Continue Reading

Trending